Latin Name: Grifola frondosa
Extraction: 1:3 (333mg/ml)
Part Used: Fruiting Body, Mycelium and Primordia (more info below)
Dose: 2-3ml 2x per day
Ingredients: Organic Maitake Mushroom (inc. Mycelium and Primordia), Non-GMO Cane Alcohol, Distilled Water.
NPN Claim: Source of fungal polysaccharides with immunomodulating properties.
Other uses: Used in Herbal Medicine to support the immune system.
Not health Canada approved but lots of info out there including
Supports immune health
Supports healthy liver
Supports digestion and soothing to the digestive tract
Risk Info: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding,
Other Info: Prairie Doctor Brand has 5 Medicinal Mushroom Tinctures (soon to be 8) that we are enormously proud of. When creating a new product, we have a checklist of things that are important to us and these products tic all the boxes.
- We use the mushroom in three forms.
- The fruiting body is what we are used to seeing. This is the fully grown part.
- The Mycelium are the “thread like” arts beneath the ground, these are what spread out and eventually turn into more fruiting bodies. They are considered the immune system of the organisms and are packed with medicinal goodness!
- The Primordia is basically baby mushrooms, the mycelium condense into knots and then into Primordia. This is a peak stage of growth, and the primordia are filled with good stuff including, enzymes, polysaccharides, and triterpenoids.
- Good for you – The mushrooms we use are 100% organically grown and non-GMO. Every batch of raw material is tested for potency, purity, and genetics.
- Potency – minimum 50% polysaccharides with Beta Glucans greater than 15% (the good stuff) and Alpha Glucans at less than 5% (the starch).
- Purity – tested for microbiology and heavy metals.
- Genetics – Confirmed to be exactly what it is supposed to be.
- Easy on the planet – The mushrooms we use are cultivated in the USA. Cultivating the mushrooms takes pressure off the natural habitats and having them grown in North America means less impact from shipping.
- Effective – Starting with great mushrooms is key but we take it a step further by extracting all the goodness at a 1:3 ratio (333mg of mushrooms per ml) into 100% organic, non-GMO alcohol and distilled water.
These tinctures are an incredible value. A 1:3 organic mushroom tincture for $20! We know you will love these as much as we do!